No announcement yet.

On line scammers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't even begin to explain how helpful this forum is! I run 3 different billiard accessory sites and the amount of fraudulent emails I get are ridiculous! I just ran across this site by googling someone's email address that I was suspicious about. Instead of wasting more than 10 minutes trying to land an order for someone who is just going to rip me off, I figured out within a minute to ignore and delete the email! THANK YOU!!!!

Comment

Scammers

I got this message today

Sending this email to make a request for the (pet feeder).I will like to know the various models and types that you do have instock.I will also like to know the lead time of my Order and also the payment that is acceptable as well.

When I typed the address I got this forum. I noticed that you have the same address but with different name. I'm sending you this one so you can add to your list.

The address is in California and the phone number provided is from Seattle

Richard Morrison
      5159 Mission St #854
      San Francisco , CA 94112
      Tel: 206-203-0919

Sincerely
      Marina

Comment

good thread this... got an email sent to me from...

rickbarry89@gmail.com

1st off, they sent it to the email which was associated with the website designer, not the company, so instantly it looked dodgy (very bot like). 2nd, the grammar was very poor.

Comment

Scammers

What an ace forum !
          I got an e-mail from a joker asking for some products of ours. Didnt really seem genuine. So dropped his e-mail address into Google and found the threads from this forum. I am playing now with this guy to see how far he is prepared to go. Watch out for these e-mail addresses:
          david_baker2g744@hotmail.com
          jeff.harkey@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by marina View Post
            I got this message today

Sending this email to make a request for the (pet feeder).I will like to know the various models and types that you do have instock.I will also like to know the lead time of my Order and also the payment that is acceptable as well.

When I typed the address I got this forum. I noticed that you have the same address but with different name. I'm sending you this one so you can add to your list.

Richard Morrison
            5159 Mission St #854
            San Francisco , CA 94112

Sincerely
            Marina
            I just got an identical e-mail (for traffic cones). Actually, I got it 3 times. Twice addressed to my e-mail and a third time addressed to someone else.

Having managed an online store for 4 years now, I have learned how to spot likely scam artists. Here are a few hints:

* Grammar is terrible
            * E-mail address originating from G-Mail (sorry Google but your service is used by a lot of scam artists). Any e-mail originating from a free e-mail account will make me look twice but G-Mail is the worst.
            * Asking for information that is readily available on your website.
            * Inquiring about unusually high quantities of products
            * Wanting to have a third-party shipper pickup the order

These are just the more blatant scam indicators. My general response to them is to check the website for all current products, along with out terms and conditions. We will not ship our on a third-party shipper and we do not ship to freight forwarders unless it is for a known customer. I will also asked them to call in and speak to their assigned sales rep, if they cannot find what they want on our website. If they are reluctant to call, I simply tell them that we do not do sales via e-mail.

When in doubt, do not hesitate to call the customer. Legitimate customers are pleased that you are looking after their best interests ( along with your own). Use available online tools like Searchbug.com for reverse people searches.

Comment

I, too was just attemptedly scammed by the same address and phone number....

Bob Haynes
              Walker Ventures
              5159 Mission St #854
              San Francisco , CA 94112
              Phone number # 206-203-0919 (Yes... Seattle Area)
              Fax Number # 206-203-0915

using a BS shipping forwarder:
              Shipping Company Name: Promag Shipping Inc
              Contact Name: Captain Dennis
              Contact Email Address: promagshippinginc1@juno.com

shipping to a non-existent company (yea, right):
              Bob& Son's Inc,
              Johannes Vermeerstraat 45,
              1271 DL Amsterdam,
              0031 The Netherlands.

Comment

Scammer

Thanks for the info. I just received the following email:
                I was really glad to find your post. This is the second company to use this type of info to buy products from us.

Hello Good Day,

This is Bill McCarthy With regards to your Company i am sending this email Regards to order some (Bathtub),i will like to know the type and sizes you have in stock and get me the sales price of one so that i will tell you the quantity i will be ordering, and if you accept credit card as a form of payment..hope to read from you soon about my order request......

With Kind Regards.
                206 984 4422
                God Bless America
                Bill McCarthy

Comment

Originally posted by marina View Post
                  I got this message today

Richard Morrison
                  5159 Mission St #854
                  San Francisco , CA 94112

Sincerely
                  Marina
                  I also got an email requesting a list of 2005-2010 Corvette car covers we had instock from this same Richard Morrison. I emailed him back a list of the various car covers we had instock and the next day he emailed me back with the styles he wanted. He told me he wanted 60 covers and requested that we contact a shipper he liked to use to ship to Germany. It's not to out of the ordinary for us to get large Corvette part orders going to Germany. I thought it was weird when the shipping company contacted us with a ship quote over $3200. I contacted Richard back and told him we could locate cheaper freight for him. I got suspicious when he said that he would only use this particular shipper and wanted to pay for the covers and freight all together ($9500) and have us handle the transaction with the ship company he requested. I searched his address and found this forum!

Thanks,
                  Bryan Gergel
                  Vette Works Int'l

Comment

One more...

Hello,
                    I would like to have the quote on 12" Square Induction Shoebox with Wide Angle Reflector Model: FL50WI also let me know if you take surcharges on master cards or visa cards
                    Regards,

James Moore
                    802 Big Horn Ave
                    Worland, WY 82401
                    Ph.: 307-200-0050 ext 159

Comment

FL50WI quote

More Scammers:

mr.markmore@gmail.com
                      James Smith

philps.moore94@yahoo.com
                      SLANGER & Company Inc
                      McGary

KEVIN BOSSMAN
                      206-376-0727
                      kevin2g8@gmail.com

walls.donald5@gmail.com
                      Mr Walls donald

Mr.Bobby Frest
                      Company Name : GLOBAL SHIPPING LOGISTICS
                      Company/Contact Person E-mail : globalshippinglogistics@rock.com
                      My Delivery Location Address : john.larry91@yahoo.com
                      12 Liberation road, Lome,Togo, 00228

Mr Guy Smith guysmith45@gmail.com

larry_james1933@yahoo.com

ben.brown852@gmail.com

infomoworldwide8@gmail.com <infomoworldwide8@gmail.com>;

James Moore
                      Rock Well Inc.
                      209-269-2945
                      james.rockwellinc@gmail.com

Dr. Martins Olsen
                      infomoworldwide8@gmail.com
                      M.O.store Inc
                      Company Name: M & O.store Inc
                      Address: 26 Academias,
                      Germasogeia, Limassol, 4043 Cyprus

Porter Johnny <gnsuplyinc@gmail.com> and olivermartinstore@gmail.com Likes to pay with credit card, arraign own shipping and then stop payment.
                      Last edited by Donald; June 29th, 2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Scammer Majid hawal &lt;majidhawal13@hotmail.com&gt;

This person contacted my company via email from a supposed company in the United Arab Emirates wanting our product and pricing info. After a few emails back and forth he requested a invoice and wire transfer information for our company. After a month or so, emailed us that payment had been issued to our bank. A bogus business check from Custom Service Hardware (also a victIm) was deposited at a branch of our bank (brach location unknown and not wire transferred) The check was for $49,528. when is was supposed to be for $4,050. I put a security hold on my bank account. Contacted Custom Service Hardware and was told that this was just one of many bogus checks this person had tried to issue appearing to be from Custom Service Hardware.
                        Be careful when distributing your bank information to parties which you are not familiar with. All they need is your basic company info, routing and acct number to make problems for you.

Comment

harris.mason19@gmail.com Scammer

harris mason <harris.mason19@gmail.com>

Like to pay with credit card and then arraign his own shipping so as soon as he picks up the order he can stop payment.
                          That is a credit card violation so please do not let your customers do this.
                          Last edited by Donald; January 27th, 2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Sharp Edge Surgimed - do not order

Wired money ($415) to Sharp Edge Surgimed <sales@sharpedgesurgimed.com>
                            sharpedgesurmided786@gmail.com
                            sharpedgesurmiged@hotmail.com
                            info@sharpedgesurgimed.com
                            sales@sharpedgesurgimed.com

ph 0092-52-4265608
                            ph 0092-313-3815020
                            Fax 0092-52-4294162
                            Faisal Rehman
                            http://sharpedgesurgimed.com/
                            http://www.sharpedgesurgimed.com/
                            on 11/15/14
                            Today is 2/25/15 and factory has not shipped product or answered any emails!

Their banking information as below:

HABIB METROPOLITAN BANK LIMITED
                            Please remit proceeds to
                            CITI BANK N.A NEW YORK(SWIFT:CITIUS33) for credit to our
                            HABIB METROPOLITAN BANK LIMITED,
                            KARACHI PAKISTAN
                            (SWIFT: MPBLPKKA)
                            USD A/C NO. 36082351
                            FOR FURTHER CREDIT TO
                            HABIB METROPOLITAN BANK LTD.,
                            S.I.E. BRANCH SIALKOT (Swift MPBLPKKA049)

BENEFICIARY"
                            SHARP EDGE SURGIMED.
                            CURRENT ACCOUNT NO: 20311-714 135544
                            IBAN # PK81 MPBL 6024920311714135544
                            Last edited by Donald; April 26th, 2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

new level of scamming

Scam artist:
                              Naif Alharbi Amzon
                              4283 Express Lane
                              #504-757
                              Sarasota FL 34238
                              ph 941-538-6941
                              pacific_ocean86@hotmail.com

Scam artist is using a PO box.
                              Some how he is getting his credit card bill to and ship to to be the same and letting the credit card processing go through.
                              This is a new level of scamming not seen here before.
                              Using a credit card with code (S) address not supported. This means that since the address is not wrong it still goes through.
                              Currently attempting to purchase car wash equipment and parts.
                              Code 's' cards are credit cards you buy at the store. These are orders where the customer failed to register their address with the credit card bank.

Also visit
                              http://badbuyerlist.org/buyer/8d55729816964b2964ae
                              looks like the same guy using a different unit number.

Also
                              Jeff Nelson <jeffnelson02@gmail.com>
                              Collins Julius <juliuscollins7@gmail.com>
                              4th Floor Capital Building, Amata
                              Kabua Avenue (overnight)
                              Majuro,
                              MH 96960
                              Republic of the Marshall Islands
                              JAY-NELL VENTURES INC,
                              1st Floor, PII Complex,
                              Delap Village,
                              Majuro Atoll,
                              MH 96960
                              The Republic of the Marshall Islands
                              692-625-5473
                              Likes to arraign his own shipping so he can stop payment.

kelvin handsome <sellingcresent@gmail.com>
                              and
                              Porter Johnny <gnsuplyinc@gmail.com>
                              Likes to arraign his own shipping so he can stop payment and keep the equipment.

Dominic Magliochetti <magliochettidom@gmail.com> Like to pay with credit card, arraign his own shipping and then stop payment.
                              Last edited by Donald; June 25th, 2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

fake check writer

The following person introduced as Khalid Mohammed
                                Premier Trading LLC
                                King Faizal Road
                                Al Qasimia Bldg
                                6th Flr, Office #505-508
                                Box 6194, Sharjah
                                United Arab Emirates
                                Premiertradingllc.uae1@yahoo.com

They took the time to negotiate a realistic type order and after a month or so advised that their client was wire transferring the funds to our account.
                                A deposit did indeed appear in the account but it was a direct check deposit from a bank in Canada , to our account at Chase.
                                The amount of the check exceeded the value of the order. They said they would let us know later how to handle the over payment.
                                Our bank confirmed the check was fake.

I could go on with the story but many of you are already familiar with the scam . I just wanted to share the name in case it will help someone else.
                                Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X