Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mold Problem with door frames

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mold Problem with door frames

    QUESTION: We could also use your advice on a problem we’re having. A couple of doorframes in a mold affected area, have post decontamination of wipedown and fogging with sporicidin, still keep developing mold. We think the mold might be coming out from cracks within the doorframe. Is there any way to inject chemicals IN TO the wood ? Are we using the right chemicals for the mold , in Sporicidin ?

    ANSWER: We do not offer equipment that will inject with full coverage the underside of the door trim. If the wood is wet mold will grow back. This is way dehumidifiers play such an important role in the health of the structure. It does not matter what you apply on the wood, if you continue to provide the correct growing environment, eventually the mold will grow back. I would recommend to your customer that they consider purchasing a dehumidifier to use for there own use. We also sell products that encase or encapsulate the wood and leave a sanitized surface. Look at Surface shield
    http://www.steam-brite.com/store/pro...rt-p-8007.html
    or UnSoot #2. http://www.steam-brite.com/store/pro...on-p-8146.html
    Naturally you would have to remove the frame, verify that everything is dry, apply the UnSoot 2, allow to dry, re-install.

    Related link
    http://www.steam-brite.com/store/spo...se-p-3879.html
    Last edited by Donald; November 16, 2011, 06:02 PM.

  • #2
    Mold growth can be dangerous for your health and cause allergy, asthma and various other diseases. The best way to prevent mold growth is to keep the carpet free of moisture. You can remove mold by using various chemicals or by using carpet cleaning methods like hot water extraction method which uses water at very temperature to kill most of the micro organisms and fungi that can cause serious health problems.
    Carpet Cleaning Bury

    Comment


    • #3
      Molds are part of the natural environment. There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without water or moisture.Most molds need 24-48 hours of moisture to begin to grow. Therefore if a suitable material in your home is wet for more than 24 hours then you run the risk of mold starting to grow.
      fire damage restoration

      Comment


      • #4
        Mold usually only causes minor allergic reactions—such as sniffling, watery eyes, and sneezing—that subside a few hours after leaving the infected area. Several types of mold release toxic substances called mycotoxins. Chlorine bleach can be used for killing toxic black molds. You have to prepare a mixture with one cup of bleach and one gallon of water and put it into a spray bottle. Spray this solution all over those places where mold growth take place.
        Mold & Mildew Remediation nassau
        oakland park flood cleanup
        flooded basement repair NY

        Comment

        Working...
        X