Flooded Carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooded Carpet

I haven't looked at the property yet, But my wife is trying to set us up with a job. She has been in the house and says the carpet is pretty trashed, but may be cleanable. Supposedly, his carpet was flooded (minor) a couple years ago and he just sucked it up with a shop vac. He's an elderly guy who's out of town and his paid assistant is wanting the carpet cleaned. I'd bet the pad is trashed underneath from the water, but if the carpet is "cleanable" what do you think I should be looking out for? This is in Central Louisiana where humidity levels can range from 70%-to mid 80 or 90% in the summer. I swear green crap would grow on anything around here. What kind of contaminants could have set up in the fiber/backing? Should I use an enzyme? Or just go ahead and blast away with Pro's choice Extreme Clean? I'm wanting to use the Rotovac 360. I'd think that'll flush a lot of gunk out of it. Yes, I know most here don't like the Rotovac, but it seems like the perfect candidate to get maximum flush. If the pad is gone, I'll have a small problem with the Rotovac bouncing around, but I can adjust the speed and follow up with wand extraction if necessary.

What do you all think?

smelly carpet

Always start by testing the building for moisture. You should not even clean the carpet if the moisture content of the is higher than 13%. For a trashed yet smelly carpet, add some sanitizer to the cleaner with some Mal-Odorcide and O2Plus (neither on our web site but available in our store). Make sure the building has a good working AC to dry out the job once it is cleaned. For super smelly carpet that is disengaged, you can use a pump up sprayer and treat the back of the carpet with Odor Blocker.

Comment

Flooded Carpet

When people want their carpets "steam cleaned", theyre usually referring to Hot Water Extraction HWE. This is the type of carpet cleaning most people are familiar with. Some customers will call it shampooing, some steam cleaning,and some will just say they want their carpets cleaned. Most dont know what they want...they just want clean carpet.
      No issue can stop you on your way to academic grades when you buy an essay. Therefore, do not waste your valuable time and make your movement to success.

Comment

A flooded carpet cab be a reason for growing mold, which needs to clean as soon as possible. In cases of flooding, it is possible to clean your carpet, but it is important that every measure is taken to ensure that mold spores are removed. Remove as much water from the carpet as you can using a wet/dry vacuum. It is imperative that you remove any water that is pooling on the surface of the carpet, for the carpet to dry thoroughly.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald View Post
          Always start by testing the building for moisture. You should not even clean the carpet if the moisture content of the is higher than 13%. For a trashed yet smelly carpet, add some sanitizer to the cleaner with some Mal-Odorcide and O2Plus (neither on our web site but available in our store). Make sure the building has a good working AC to dry out the job once it is cleaned. For super smelly carpet that is disengaged, you can use a pump up sprayer and treat the back of the carpet with Odor Blocker.
          I agree with Donald, May also have to remove pad if it is damp or or or is really bad
          Carpet Cleaning Manhattan Beach
          Carpet Cleaning Redondo Beach

Comment

Working...
          X