Changing vacuum inlet on machine from 1.5 to 2"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing vacuum inlet on machine from 1.5 to 2"

I am using a Namco Beast with 8 stages of vacuum, 500psi, and 100 ft of 1.5 hose.I would like to use 2" hose and increase hose legnth to 125 ft., but the vac inlet on my machine is 1.5. Is there an inlet adaptor i can use,or does the inlet have to be changed out? thanks..

A lot of portables just silicone the intake barb into the machine. If THE BEAST is set up this way, you can remove the 1 1/2" barb and replace it with the 2" barb.
    Or you can just buy a 2" to 1 1/2" reducer cuff. Most carpet cleaner suppliers should have it or be able to order it.

You should talk to Namco and let them know what you want to do because I think they tested 2" hose and they determined somehow that they got better recovery from the 1 1/2" hose and that's why they sell the machine with it.

Also, I don't know if it's true but I have been told that some guys using THE BEAST run as much as 300' of hose.

Not sure if any of this helped!

Cleantech - If you don't mind, could you give me a brief review of THE BEAST? How it compares to other portables you may have owned or used.

Thanks,
    Steveo

Comment

Working...
    X